- What does being CompTIA A+ Certified mean?
CompTIA is a non-profit trade association for the Information Technology (IT) industry. They provide industry leading IT certifications and IT business credentials. The CompTIA A+ IT certification is a general knowledge IT certification for both hardware and software.
- Do I need to have an anti-virus program?
Yes, it is strongly recommended that you have an anti-virus program to help protect your computer from malware.
- Do I have to pay for an anti-virus program?
No, there are plenty of good and free anti-virus programs out there.
- What are your favorite anti-virus programs?
- My favorite free anti-virus program is:
Avast Anti-Virus (link here)
- My Favorite Paid anti-virus program is:
Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus 2016 (link here)
- Do you build custom laptops?
No we do not because of the nature of how laptops are designed and built, it is not possible to build a fully custom laptop computer at this time.
- Do you sell computers or laptops?
No. KC's Custom Computers and Repair is an IT services business. We do not sell any hardware or software to our customers. We will make recommendations for hardware or software for the customers use, but any purchases of hardware or software will be made through a third party. This allows the customer to be more confident in our impartiality when it comes to recommending products.
- Do you offer any services for Apple products?
KC's Custom Computers and Repair does not currently offer any support services for Apple products at this time.
- Do you offer any services for Smartphones or Tablets?
KC's Custom Computers and Repair does not currently offer any support services for Smartphones or Tablets at this time.
- Do you have an hourly rate?
For most computer repairs and support, we only charge a flat fee. However, we do offer hourly rates for customers that need more extensive support. You can find our rates here.
Do you have any questions? Contact us today with the form below!